Pasta Salad mixed with Spinach and Chicken
Kids love to have pasta for lunch. It is also easy to prepare. Only 20 minutes will be enough for mommy to cook this meal.
- 8 ounces pasta (fusilli, rotini, etc.)
- 2 cups chopped chicken (cooked or canned)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 12 grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1 medium clove of garlic (finely minced)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or a favorite gourmet mustard
- salt (to taste)
- First, cook the pasta in boiling salted water. Then keep it aside to cool after rinsing and draining water.
- Chop spinach leaves and mix with red bell pepper.
- Toss cooked pasta with spinach, tomato halves, garlic, red bell pepper, and chicken.
- Add 1 cup of mayonnaise with lemon juice, pepper, basil, wine vinegar, and mustard.
- Mix the dressing with pasta. If your kid loves more mayonnaise, then add some.
- You can keep the pasta mixture in the refrigerator before serving as it will add a sweet flavor.
Salmon and cream cheese sandwiches
So, Salmon and cream cheese sandwiches are a nutritional lunch for kids. Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acid that offers lots of health benefits. You can use any type of bread to make sandwiches. A Salmon and cream cheese sandwich is a light lunch for your kids. It is easy to make.
- 1 loaf of white bread (buttermilk bread, gluten-free bread, etc)
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon (nova), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (1/2 brick), softened
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Dried parsley, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Spread cream cheese evenly on bread slices.
- Place a few slices of salmon on one side of a sandwich.
- Sprinkle some salt, pepper, and lemon juice on it.
- Then keep the slices together and cut off the crusts.
- You can cut sandwiches into any shape your kid prefers.
Vegetable beef soup
If you are a busy mom, that thinks about the nutrition of kids, then soup Is the best lunch. It is nutritious and easy to make. There are a variety of soups. You can make several soup types just by changing one or two.
- 1 pound of red potatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings, or vegetable oil
- 4 pounds of beef shanks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup long-grain rice
- 2 quarts of cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Add oil or bacon drippings to a stockpot and heat it.
- Then add beef shanks. You need to cook it until all sides get browned.
- Cover beef with water and wait until boil.
- Sprinkle pepper, salt, and pieces of onion into the pot. Close the lid and cook for about 2 hours.
- Then add all vegetables to the cooked bee and simmer for about one hour.
- Take out the beef slices and remove bones from the soup. Pull off the meat and add it to the soup.
- You can add seasoning to match the taste.
To sum up
It is the parents’ duty to provide kids with nutritious meals. Kids love tasty food. As parents, you must feed them with tasty and nutritious food.