One of the main problems faced by many people today is how to live a good and healthy life. Due to their busy lifestyles and economic and social effects, everyone has not been able to set aside time for this. So the most serious thing here is that many people are easily susceptible to non-communicable diseases.
Heart disease is unfortunately the number one non-communicable disease among people worldwide. The most serious issue here is the prevalence of these heart diseases among the elderly as well as among the youth community. By now, many adults in some Western countries like America and Canada as well as countries in the Asian region have suffered from high blood pressure.
So there are no solutions? Of course, there is. You can prevent this yourself. So we hope to bring many important issues through this post.
What are Heart diseases?
Heart disease refers to various problems and problems that can occur in the heart. You can get heart disease in different ways. There are some common heart diseases among more people.
- Angina – Angina is a condition that can cause pain in your chest, arm, neck, stomach, or jaw. The narrowing of the arteries that supply blood to your heart is a major factor in this happening. This phenomenon is called atheroma and Angina is a symptom of this kind of heart disease.
- Unstable angina – This condition can be called the most dangerous condition of angina. This condition occurs when your heart can’t get enough blood. In short, this condition can occur even when you are resting or sleeping. Therefore, if such a painful condition occurs in your chest, it is advisable to seek medical treatment as soon as possible.
- Heart attack – Also known as myocardial infarction, the proper blood supply to a part of the heart is prevented. This is often due to fatty situations or impaired blood supply through the coronary arteries.
- High blood pressure – this is also a heart disease condition that occurs in many people. This can often be a precursor to other serious heart conditions.
- Heart failure – This can be called a condition that can completely affect your body. In other words, your heart’s ability to pump blood and oxygen decreases. This causes your entire body to function and the possibility of heart failure.
We are only mentioning some of the heart disease conditions. These are the most common heart conditions nowadays and can easily happen to anyone regardless of age.
So there is no way to escape from these situations? Is there no treatment for this? Indeed, there are many treatment methods for such heart diseases. But if you suffer from heart disease, it is not possible to get rid of it easily. For that, you have to take continuous treatment for a period of time. And there is a possibility of repeated exacerbation of disease conditions.
That is why it is best to avoid such heart diseases. There are many things you can do about it. Now let’s see what you can do to prevent heart disease. If you don’t already have heart symptoms, be really happy. Also, include these 7 steps in your current good health habits and make your heart even healthier.
7 Steps for a Healthier Heart
If you’re already a non-smoker, it’s a really good habit to get into. Staying that way will benefit your heart as well as your pocket. But if you are a smoker, there is a high risk of getting heart disease easily. Smoking can damage the lungs as well as the heart. Due to this, the following conditions are possible.
- Heart disease
- Chest pains
- Heart attack
- High blood pressure
- Damaged heart tissue
- Heart failure
The other thing is that smoking can affect the people around you. If you are already a smoker, quit the habit anyway. If not possible, try to reduce smoking as much as possible. It will be good for you in every way.
Get a good night’s sleep
No matter how busy you are, get at least 6 hours of good sleep a day. It is good for your body. Especially this sleep affects your heart to give it a good rest. It has been found that lack of sleep is a major cause of high blood pressure. So try to get good sleep. It is better if you can get at least 7 to 9 hours of sleep a day.
Follow a healthy diet
One of the things that many people think is impossible to do, but it is actually possible to do keeping a correct and healthy diet. Through this, you have the opportunity to reduce the risk of heart disease. Get used to eating three meals a day. But try to make those meals into balanced meals.
- Add these to your meals – Vegetables, fruits, beans, whole grains, and fish.
- Limit these on your meals – Processed meats, processed grain foods, sweetened drinks, fried foods, and baked goods.
Also, get used to adding more fiber-containing foods to your meals. Therefore try to eat things like Broccoli, Avocados, Whole Grains, Barley, Almonds, Oats, whole wheat bread, and brown rice regularly.
Lose your weight
Another thing that can cause heart disease is weight gain. These tips will be important for you to reduce your body weight.
- Eat low-fat foods.
- Reduce the amount of food you eat.
- Avoid eating starchy foods as much as possible.
- Get used to exercising. Through this, you have the ability to burn unnecessary calories.
- Maintain a good Body Mass Index (BMI) value. That is, try to maintain a weight suitable for your height.
Manage your blood pressure
Blood pressure is the primary cause of heart disease in many people. Always try to maintain your blood pressure at 120/80 mm Hg.
Also, if you have diabetes, remember to always keep your blood sugar level low. To keep the blood sugar level at a low level, follow things like a good diet and keep exercising.
What many people have now is the loss of mental freedom. Many people are now living under intense pressure due to their busy work and competitive lifestyle. It reduces your mental freedom and increases stress.
Did you know that increased stress directly affects your heart? It really does have an impact. This causes your heart rate, blood pressure, and as well as blood sugar level to increase. So try these ways to reduce stress.
So try these ways to reduce stress
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Spend time with your family and friends.
- Engage in favorite hobbies.
- Start simple breathing exercises.
- Practice meditation.
Always Keep trying to be active
Are you someone who often works with a computer? Or someone who always spends a lot of time in one place? If so, you are more prone to heart disease. So get used to being active all the time. Get up and walk around at least every half hour.
So if you have the ability try to follow these 7 steps from today. Try to adopt at least some of these good habits. If so, you will also be able to avoid heart disease. But remember that if you are already a heart patient, it is imperative that you continue to take proper medical treatment.