Hair care is an essential part of our care. Your hair easily tends to get damaged due to exposure to harsh environmental conditions like sun and pollution, chemicals such as bleach, artificial hair colors, and heat-based styling products. Therefore, it is necessary to follow a proper hair care routine to maintain the health of your hair locks.
Also, it is important to determine that different hair types including straight, wavy, curly, oily, and thick hair need their own specific hair care routine. Let’s get to know what they are:
Straight hair is the most common hair type and is often known to be low-maintenance. Because it contains no waves or curls. Straight hair typically has a smooth and sleek appearance, and it can be styled in plenty of ways.
- Use a gentle, sulfate-free, and paraben-free shampoo to keep natural oils from your scalp and hair.
- Use lightweight Conditioners to your hair to keep it moisturized and silky. Ensure applying conditioner to the mid-lengths and ends only.
- Brush your hair whenever you can, and do it gently as straight hair is not much tangled.
- Get regular trims once every 6-8 weeks to remove damaged ends.
This type of hair sits in between straight and curly. It indicates S shape pattern. Wavy hair is prone to get dry and look frizzy. It often looks to have natural bounces and voluminous locks that can be styled with the right care. Remember that moisturizing is much needed in this hair type.
- Needs frequent washing as it tends to develop more oil on the scalp.
- Use a shampoo and conditioner that is particularly made for wavy hair. Using sulfate-free shampoos to prevent excessive dryness.
- Apply heat protectant cream or spray before you do heat styling on your hair. Heat styling tools can damage your hair, so it’s best to avoid using them.
- Use your fingers to detangle your hair. Combing and brushing make damage to wavy hair.
- Better to get an oil massage twice a week, which improves elasticity and prevents damage.
- Regular trims are essential for this type of hair as well, no product can avoid causing split ends. Regular cuts will reduce and make it look healthier.
Curly hair type is mostly abundant with protein bonds in the hair. Curly hair gets a characteristic of spiral texture. It can range from loose curls to tight coils and it requires a special care routine to maintain its shape, moisture, and volume.
- Regular cleansing and conditioning are required so that do not spoil natural oils. Better to use moisturizing shampoos and conditioners.
- Detangle your hair with a wide tooth comb when the hair is coated with conditioner. This method prevents hair breakage.
- You can use curl-enhancement creams and gels to keep natural curls and avoid frizz.
- This type of hair should be prevented from excessive heat more than the straight hair types.
- By cutting edges regularly, you can maintain the shape of curls.
- Protect your hair by styling such with a pineapple or a braid in midnight.
Fine hair can be identified by its thin strands and small diameter. Fine hair locks are soft, thin, and lightweight. this hair can be prone to oiliness, breakage, and lack of volume. This can make it difficult to style and achieve the desired look. Also, it can get easily damaged by brushing and combing harshly. If fine hair doesn’t get proper care it tends to be unhealthy soon than the other hair types.
- Apply shampoos and conditioners which are made to volumize hair. They typically contain ingredients that help to thicken the hair strands and add some volume.
- Avoid using heat appliances as this type of hair has fragile hair strands that simply come to breakage.
- Avoid harsh oil products as they can weigh down your hair. But remember to have a scalp massage once a week with organic or homemade oil including coconut oil, castor oil, and vitamin E.
- Avoid tight hairstyles that may break your hair.
It is great if you have a thick hair. So, this hair gets a full appearance of voluminous. It must be under proper care and maintenance. Thick hair has a high density of hair locks it needs extra moisture than other hair types. You can do various haircuts and styles if it is correctly looked after.
- Having layered haircuts can reduce weight and add movement to your hair.
- Condition your hair after washing. Because it makes it easy to manage and style your hair.
- Hydrating is important as thick hair is more likely to get dry.
- Apply a hydrating hair oil. This is the key to keeping hair moisturized. Use coconut oil.
These clarifications and guidelines will be helpful for you to choose which kind of hair care routine you should follow to keep healthy hair according to your hair care type. Try these out